Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Broke one of the water pump housing bolts off in the block.

Broke one of the...

Broke one of the water pump housing bolts off in the block. As if that wasn't enough it has an area in front of and beneath the place where the bolt broke that is at least twice as crowded as any I've ever seen therefore based on the degree of difficultty involved in accessing the bolt just when removing with extensions and wobbles etc getting an extractor properly threaded would seem against the laws of physics

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?

Seriously? That's why i was working on ir

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2000 Ford F-150 super 4.2 v6

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Did u read or not

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Read above if you want my money I'm not typing it again

Answered in 1 hour by:
7/7/2017
Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

You were chatting with a robot before, just ignore that.

Can you get a drill bit in there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not even close

You may have to remove that engine.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Great

Sorry I could not give you better news.

Don't forget to rate me well, so I get credit. If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No problem
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can that motor possibly be disconnected and tilted up maybe?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just tryna avoid the full removal

If you unbolt the motor mount on that side you could probably jack up that side a few inches.

Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician

Thanks