Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2000 f250 5.4 new starter new starter switch new battery,

Customer Question
2000 f250 5.4...

2000 f250 5.4 new starter new starter switch new battery, when key turned to start there is one click and all power cuts noff

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

Clutch pedal down , steering wheel lock ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes the list above

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Guess not

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
7/7/2017
Ford Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Monitor voltage on the 2 wires going to starter while trying to start, they should both show at least 11v. Let me know, thanks.

Also make sure you can manually turn engine by using breaker bar on crank pulley.