Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Check Trac ctrl message is on and the cruise control does…

Check Trac ctrl message...

Check Trac ctrl message is on and the cruise control does not work

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?

Have not yet. 3.9

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2004 Freestar

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Freestar yourself? What have you tried so far?

Went to autozone to see if they could read a warning msg, but he said it doesn't work for the braking system

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just researched on the web since. Possible a brake pressure switch?

6/30/2017
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. is the abs light on or the check engine light also?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No. Just "Check Trac Ctrl" in the message center. It comes on after starting and stays on. When it is on, the cruise control does not work.

ok, please stand by

do you have brake lights

ok.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Braking seems to be working fine.

ok thanks

the only thing i can tell you is to have the abs module scanned for fault codes since the traction control system is part of the abs. the cruise control is automatically disable when the abs or traction control system malfunctions. there are many reason the traction control message is showing and i would only be guessing unless i had a fault code.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Autozone tried to check codes, but they were not able to capture any. Do you have a recommendation to get the code needed? Do I have to go to a ford mechanic?

auto zones code reader doesnt read abs codes. you dont need a ford mechanic. a local mom and pop neighborhood shop should be able to do it

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Well. Ok. Not nearly as easy as I had hoped. Thank you David.

believe me, it never is. you're welcome please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating for me if you were satisfied with my assistance. even though you accept and rate doesnt mean we are done as i will be with you until the vehicle is fixed. thank you have a great weekend.

David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

thank you