Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai
92331225

The backup camera display on my rear view mirror suddenly

Customer Question

the backup camera display on my rear view mirror suddenly turned blue and goes off after 2-3 seconds
JA: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?
Customer: it was on the truck when I purchased it. truck was used w/7000+ miles on it
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2013 f150 xlt
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i'm not sure if I can fix it myself or not. depends on how complex it is. also, I am 78 years old and do not bend like I uses to
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just wondering where to look to find out what failed
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 1 month ago.

Hello, the first thing to do would be to check the harness connector under the bed of the truck. If it comes unhooked, or becomes loose, or even wet it could cause this issue. If its hard to bend over you may want to bring it somewhere because you'll have to get under the truck to do so. Aside from that, if the connections are good it is likely that the camera itself has gone bad, and will need to be replaced by a dealer.

If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating 3 stars or higher, or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.