James, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Senior Master Tech, Ford gas and diesel expert, ASE Certified
74859263

I have a 2003 Ford Expedition with a trac light on and the

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Ford Expedition with a trac light on and the message that says check advanced trac. Codes stored are B1259-Solar Radiation sensor circuit open in the Electronic Automatic Temp Control Module. U1900- CAN Bus Fault in the ABS/TCS module. The tool I am using is a Ford IDS. The only reprogramable module is the PCM and it is at latest calibration. Wondering where to go from here? I have a Solar sensor on order but didn't think the temp control module and trac system were related?
Category: Ford
Expert:  James replied 4 months ago.
Hello, if you perform a self test on the abs module. Does u1900 come as a hard fault?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
both codes are hard faults
Expert:  James replied 4 months ago.
If you perform a network test with the ids what faults do you get?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do you know where I do that in the scan tool? Sorry this scan tool is totally new to me not familiar with it yet
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Were you still going to be able to help? I can try to figure out the network test when I get back to the shop tomorrow (Monday).
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I made it down there and found network testbinside the tool. I got VSM- fail, Abs/tcs-u1900, abs/tcs-pass. Hec-pass, pcm-pass, rcm-pass. I also replaced the solar sensor and the B1259 is still a hard fault. Not sure if they could be related?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Also should mention I also had an issue with no power windows working and repaired a broken wire in the drivers door jamb to fix the windows. While I had trim pieces off I noticed water pooled up under the LF door sill plate. Not sure if maybe a CAN wire might run through there? I dried out the water and blew it out with air while I was in there but didn't thoroughly inspect anything.