Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

P1299 error code, yes a code reader 92000, 2010 edge, yes

Customer Question

P1299 error code
JA: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?
Customer: yes a code reader 92000
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2010 edge
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: coolant was very low and boiling out, could it be a bad thermastat
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 3 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

1299 means you are running to hot. The most common causes for that are the cooling fans not working or the thermostat stuck closed. Step one is to refill it and run it till it gets over normal temp and see if the fans are or are not running and see if the thermostat is open or not causing the upper radiator hose to be tight and hot.

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the fan work when I by pass the moduals
upper hose gets hot
fans don't spin when the temp gets above normal
what next

The next step is this test. https://www.dropbox.com/s/ib97fpnluwcfack/coolingfan.pdf?dl=0

PS this post is due to time out and close today due to no rating in the first 7 days.