Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

LoL Died while going down the Interstate.. Will not crank

Customer Question

LoL Died while going down the Interstate.. Will not crank (starts cranking and then stops immediately. Re-manufactured injectors installed after injector failure, maybe fine sand induced (by psychopath that said he wanted the truck and had access to it)
JA: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?
Customer: just got towed at 5:50pm at motel now
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 320 miles 05 F250SD crew cab FX4 (farm truck)
JA: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 320k miles
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just searching the web .. air-conditioning not working thought that if the pump locked up, but it just quit at 70 mph like a safety switch
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

Since it cranks then just stops I believe you are hydrolocked from a bad injector or injector seal or injector cup. Any of which can flood the cylinder with oil, fuel, or coolant and cause it to bind up while cranking. Do you have any kind of diagnostic tools with you?

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris