Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My Mechanic just told me that my turbos went on my 2008 F550

Customer Question
diesel 6.4 liter how much...
My Mechanic just told me that my turbos went on my 2008 F550 diesel 6.4 liter how much should it cost to replace
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: ok
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you fixing your F550 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'd like to fix it myself because my mechanic wants $5,500.00 to repair it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
My Mechanic just told me that my turbos went on my 2008 F550 diesel 6.4 liter how much should it cost to replace?
6/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 5 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Labor time is 13 hours which includes removing the cab. This is around $1300 to $1500 depending upon a shop's hourly rate. Turbos, plus all the seals and gaskets, oil, coolant, etc, will run between $3000 and $4000, depending upon brand, new or reman turbos.

Total should be between $4300 on low end and $5500 high end.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager