Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

Truck idles and has throttle response in park, put it in

Customer Question

truck idles and has throttle response in park , put it in drive and no throttle resonce
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 2004 6.0 diesel box truck
JA: What is the model of your '04 Ford?
Customer: f550, we just changed the fuel tank and the filters along with the fuel pump
JA: Are you fixing your F550 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

Are you saying in D or R it just idles and has zero response to throttle applied, not even a hint of RPM increase?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
None

I am thinking something while in gear is affecting the PCM 5 volt reference voltage for sensors like the APP or affecting the ground.

In park test the 5 volts on PCM pin 90 brown/white wire

In park ohm test the grounds at the PCM pins 51, 76, 77, and 103 Black/White (BK/WH) wires and pin 25 Black/Light Blue (BK/LB) wire.

Then do the same in drive with a helper when there is no response to throttle. These are done running and with the PCM plugged up.

Let me know these results.

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 1 month ago.

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris