Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I got a 2005 f150 the a/c doesnt kick out any cool air. I

Customer Question

I got a 2005 f150 the a/c doesnt kick out any cool air. I purchased a do it your self kits and upon reading the included meter noticed that testing it on my truck the meter reads in the red which means I got to take it in for professional help. Don you have any idea what this is going to cost?, ball park?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Ford Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: the meter which was included with this kit supposedly indicates enough coolent is their?
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just whatever instructions which came with this self do kit.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: my research so far leads me to believe that its a leak somewhere?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** meters are not reliable, you need a good set of gauges installed on it to determine the actual high and low side pressures, the high should be around 150 psi and the low about 30 psi, when running, those kits only have a gauge for the low side, if the compressor is not coming on, it will be in the red zone, so there is no way to diagnose it with that gauge, does the compressor come on, when you turn on the a/c?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well, I thought I could hear the compressor come on? but it registors in the red.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.

if you look at the front of the compressor, there is a plate on it, this is the clutch, it should not spin with the a/c off, then when you turn it on, the clutch will spin,does it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am done dealing with you folks, just issue my refund or I'll need to take this up with my bank for false advertising. I'm not pleased with your answer and wish not to have to go around in circles with you folks.
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 3 months ago.

i SIMPLY ASKED A QUESTION AND YOU DID NOT RESPOND???? I am sorry you are not happy, but I dont have a crystal ball, I need info, and you did not provide it?