Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Okay started out my power windows and locks on the right

Customer Question

Okay started out my power windows and locks on the right side I wouldn't work I'll check the fuses and got the power moves up then the key was in the ignition and it wouldn't I can get it out I can get in the park and it wouldn't start I looked at all the fuses ignition module underneath the hood and finally got my key out and took the console off and got toward shift from Park to drive at that point I got to start somehow and drove it down the street and back and turned it off and now I can't get it back on I'm charge my battery tried to reset it by what it said to do on tap in it negative or positive something and I'm just at a loss what to do so I got my key out and it will shift from Park to drive but it just want to I won't do anything to start not try to start it just it makes clicking sound but they want to start again the ABS light is on the fuel gauge is working neither is the temperature gauge but all the other lights come on when I turned it on and it seems like everything's working the power windows and then everything works my lights work and my battery is at 12.4 and I desperately need some help because I have surgery coming up on my eyes and I just need some help please
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

we can have several issues here ,but lets start here & we go from there ?

do you have a capable scanner that can read fault codes ?

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat