Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models, Licensed NYS Inspector.
2921078

Pass side window does not go up or down. which wire is the

Customer Question

pass side window does not go up or down. which wire is the 12volt wire going to the switch. and can you jump the wires to see if motor works. don't have a volt meter 2002 ford explorer
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: yes all good only window not is front pass side
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes need color of the 12volt wire going to switch. swap switch with rear pass side door
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that all i need
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

The red/light blue stripped wire should have power to it at all times with the key on. If you have a test light you can test this easily. As for jumping wires, if you run a jumper from the red/lb wire to one of the other wires, you will have to ground the wire you don't run power to in order for the window to work. So, in this case, jumper red/lb to tan/light blue, then put a ground wire on the white/yellow stripped wire. This should move the window. If not, switch them around and see if the window moves. If it doesn't then the motor is the problem.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?