Lou P.
Lou P., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Have been working on Ford GM and Chrysler for 15+ years and ASE master certified.
27644750

Defroster stuck. see it may be vacuum issue. 2001 f250 7.3,

defroster stuck. see it may be vacuum issue.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2001 f250 7.3
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just searched on the issue. guess will check for the vacuum thru firewall problem.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you. Thanks!

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

vacuum is definitely the issue, we can start at the firewall to the engine and see if the lines came loose or cracked, this is a very common issue, here is a layout of the parts involved.

here is the vacuum diagram. hope this helps. if the lines are ok the issue can be the head unit in the dash.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, thanks!
Lou P.
Master ASE Certified