Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

I have a 2000 Ford F-250 Super duty 7.3 diesel. The cruise

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Ford F-250 Super duty 7.3 diesel. The cruise control shut off while going down the highway and will not come back on. The speedometer also stopped working at the same time and the ABS light on the dash is steady on.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

You have lost the speed signal. Normally this means the ABS sensor on the top center of the rear axle has failed. If you want to do the electrical tests rather than replace it, I can supply those steps.

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris