Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

My 2005 f250 6.0 continues to give me a EGR valve code after

Customer Question

My 2005 f250 6.0 continues to give me a EGR valve code after multiple cleanings and I just bought a new one last week. Last week I had my EGR cooler replaced with a Bullet Proof EGR and oil cooler. New STC, new updated Dummy plugs. I had my turbo cleaned. Do I need to take it to a Ford Dealer to have my PCM flashed to eleminate the same code recurring?
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: I don't at the present time , but it's been scanned multiple times and cleared within the last week.
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, I've had it worked on at a shop. Have had my EGR valve cleaned , new EGR cooler and oil cooler , new updated STC and Dummy plugs installed. Had my Turbo cleaned out. I had my EGR valve finally replaced two days ago . Unfortunately EGR valve code continues to come on. Do I need to take my truck to a ford dealer to have the PCM flashed?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jeremy replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Which valve code are you getting? Some are hard set and will require the Ford IDS to remove it, but also some of them are due to the EBP sensor being dirty as well. If I can get the code, I can let you know which it is.

If you haven't cleaned the EBP sensor and/or tube in awhile, it wouldn't hurt to clean it out since it causes a lot of the issues with EGR codes.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy