Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Just replace spark plugs and wires now the brake warning…

Customer Question
just replace spark plugs and...
just replace spark plugs and wires now the brake warning light and abs light stay on after starting also clicking sound coming from the exhaust I thank
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Ford
5/14/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 11 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

Are the lights on immediate when started or must you move for them to come on?

Do you own a scan tool that can access the ABS module?

asb go off then comes back on brake light stays on have a friend that has one

The brake warning light comes low brake fluid, faulty brake fluid sensor, parking brake applied, faulty parking brake sensor, ABS issues. Brake fluid level issues associated with the brake light is the only way to turn on the ABS light. Any ABS concern can cause the brake light to come on. If you did not mess around the brake fluid reservoir and or got fluid on the ABS module or possibly damaged wiring there, THen we will need to know the codes to address this.

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician