Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Air suspension compressor failed. looking to manually

Air suspension compressor failed...

Air suspension compressor failed. looking to manually inflatre until I get a new one. 04 grand marquis

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?

No.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Marquis yourself? What have you tried so far?

The rear end is almost dragging on the street. the check air susspension is lit on dash. compressor will not start

5/12/2017
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

You can disconnect the air line at the compressor and apply 20-40 psi there in an attempt to raise the suspension. However you may need a diagnostic tool to command the rear air bag solenoids to open to allow that air to go into the air bags and stay in once filled.

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's what I am trying. Solenoids do not appear to be open to receive air, even when a call fro aur is made and the compressor attempts to start.

Do you own a Ford equivalent diagnostic tool to monitor and command the compressor and solenoids?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The third try was a charm. Started car, waited for compressor to "thump" started air from external compressor. Filled so car is level. Disabled system with switch in trunk. Hopefully the air will hold until next week when I can replace it. Thanks

Glad it finally took. Glad I could help.

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician