Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Anti-theft light blinking and truck will not start 2001 F150

Customer Question

anti-theft light blinking and truck will not start 2001 F150 pop a lock came out made new key an didn't work--reset code for my key --truck start twice and then lost key memory and would not start again
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: yes, pushed computer reset button which did not feel like it tripped and checked fuses following fuse legend in operators manual-- all good
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have 2 co-workers with similar fords assisting me--
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: should I tow truck to dealership or a reputable mechanic ?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 5 months ago.
Hi welcome to just answer my. Some Ricardo. Was the key a programmable key, Did you use a scanner to program the key, and is the security light still blinking?