Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I line lock both front brake lines and we got a solid brake

Customer Question

Mike I line lock both front brake lines and we got a solid brake pedal I unlock right side pedal gone to floor so I bleed it getting solid brake fluid coming out so I lock up right again and went to left side unlock it again pedal gone to the floor I bleed left side and getting solid brake fluid coming out but no brake pedal. So I lock line both hoses again and bleed the master was getting a little air not much unlock both hoses and no brake pedal I'm thinking problem is in the abs system oh yes we are going on are 4 th master cylinder and 7 qt brake fluid and no brakes
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 5 months ago.
Hi welcome to just answers, this is Ricardo and lest see if I can help with this situation. Are you using the correct dot 3 fluid, are you following the correct brake bleeding circuit procedure, did you after bleeding all including master cylinder actuated the abs solenoids to need the antilock?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How do u actuated abs solenoids
You will need a scanner to do a brake bleeding actuator procedure you can use a snap on modus scanner this will force the solenoids on the antilock to actuate and dump air pockets to the reserve bottle, this test will ask you to step on the brakes and put steady pressure until the actuation stops.