Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2007 exploder, scanned and came up with U2023 code, at 50

Customer Question

2007 exploder , scanned and came up with U2023 code , at 50 mph vehicle dies out ( eng still running just no power to trans ) trac control light comes on and flashes . vehicle will not go over 50 mph
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: consistant
JA: What is the model of your '07 Ford?
Customer: Explorer
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just in the beginging phase of diagnostics
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

Which module had the U2023? This is a generic communication code and can be present in the ABS, 4x4, IC or PAM modules. What do you mean by vehicle dies out no power to trans? Does the trans loose engagement at 50 and neutral out with the engine revving high? Is it at a particular shift? Any warning lights on?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The only light that comes on is the traction control light , it flashes . as far as the code it only states from external node . the RPMs die down to about 1000 and the is no power to trans and eng will not rev up until it falls below 50 MPH , then there is power again until 50 MPH which it does it all over again .
Expert:  eric remington replied 5 months ago.

hello my name is ***** ***** to have a lot of questions. I think a phone call would be a good place to start? Is this your vehicle? what is the name of scanner you are using? are there any p codes in the pcm? what modules have you scanned? what codes are in bcm? tcm? let me know and we can proceed if you like....

Expert:  A. Penland replied 5 months ago.

Did the code U2023 come from the ABS module or the 4x4 module?