Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Ford Flex 2013. ALL lights on dash go on when I turn the key

Customer Question

Ford Flex 2013. ALL lights on dash go on when I turn the key to the "on" position, then when I turn to start, nothing happens!
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: This happens intermittently. So if I wait a few minuets it will start. Has happened 5 times now. Only issue is now I have waited 10 min and it doesnt start.
JA: Are you fixing your Flex yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just waiting and it works. But now I have waited and it is not "fixing itself".
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It has happened when driving. Driving and then all lights go on... happend to my wife and my son. I have always told them if the "idiot lights" go on, pull over and stop the car. They did. The car would not start right away but after 5 min it would.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 4 months ago.

Is there any sound at all when you turn the key to start it?