Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years experience on all makes and models, Licensed NYS Inspector.
2921078

2001 Windstar with brake/ABS lights come on intermittently

Customer Question

2001 Windstar with brake/ABS lights come on intermittently for about 3 years. Brake system checks out ok. with no driving problems
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: both silumtaneously
JA: Are you fixing your Windstar yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Ford and the mechanic can't get any codes. Not me
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.

Have the tone rings on the cv shafts checked very closely. I had one with a similar issue and the tone ring had a crack in it. It was barely noticeable, but it open the gap enough to cause the light to come on once in a while. Like the ring would slip a bit on there and it would cause the problem.
Again, make sure they have looked very closely at that and aren't just trying to find a code. There won't be any codes stored if the light goes out.
Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources, so please rate my answer by using the stars at the top of the page. Payment for your question includes any follow-up questions you may have. Free trials and subscription questions still require ratings.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help with this? If not, please remember to rate my answer.