Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

After getting my truck running good for about a month the

Customer Question

After getting my truck running good for about a month the overdrive light started blinking sometimes when I stop and started again the light would go off I had a store pull the codes and 0732 came up along with some others I can't find right now, the truck was still driving ok but started to not shift pass second gear, the I notice if I go from D to 2 it shift ok till high speed, I changed the output speed sensor, shift solenoid, tcc solenoid and the range sensor all after market though but still same problem am stumped.
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 4 months ago.

if you can wait til i get home from my shp this evening, that would be great

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Nothing?

shift solenoid 1 or shift solenoid 2 is failing. and to do any pinpoint tests will require a ford factory IDS scan tool

just checking in to see how its going

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am looking at some videos on flushing the trans fluid being that I did all I could as an amateur with the solenoids. It's a long shot at best but maybe worth it.

if its an electrical problem thats not going to help, but maybe its just some sticky valves so its worth a shot

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hey Graig when I change the parts do I have to clear the codes before the vehicle recognize it to operate

it never hurts to erase the codes and do a pcm verification

just checking in to see how its going

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Am bout to get the codes cleared now and see what happen

ok. please keep me in the loop

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
They couldn't find the codes, they test drive it an seems just as confused as I am they suggest I change the inner speed sensor they said the speedometer wasn't moving, but I think that could be cause it's now going in limp mode

if there are no transmission fault codes why would they want you to replace a sensor. they need to scope the sensor and see what kind of wave they are getting.