Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2012 ford escape has a dashboard rattle that seems to come

Customer Question

2012 ford escape has a dashboard rattle that seems to come from behind passenger aair bag. how do I remove the air bag cover. I cannot pry loose the upper connectors of the cover
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford Escape. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: no. unless he has familiarization with the origin of this persistent rattle
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 4 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. please allow me a few minutes to look up any letters of concern from the manufacturer.

no letters of concern so i will get you the procedure to access that area.

can i help with anything else

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the airbag is attached to the cover, then. this rattle that I cannot find seems to come from inside the dash behind here. do you have any familiarity with this? it seems to be a ford escape problem. sound like something rolling back and forth

I am not aware of that being an issue, but I will open this up to others who may be. good luck

Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

Would you like me to attempt to help?