Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I had the oil changed today and drove home about 35 miles

Customer Question

I had the oil changed today and drove home about 35 miles and later I noticed oil in the driveway. it a 2005 Ford F250 disel. how can I tell if the engine is hurt?
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: It was changed today. before that it we 12/2015. we do not drive the truck very much
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, I will contact the company in the morning regarding the problem.( they didn't tien the plug correctly and the oil was lost
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the truck has 90,800 mile on it
Category: Ford
Expert:  Jared D replied 4 months ago.

Any idea how much oil was lost? Where is the oil level marking on the dipstick currently?