Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician
Experience:  ASE, NATEF Engines and Electrical certified, EPA 608/609
9290743

2005 f350 driving it died won't start but turns over. Full

Customer Question

2005 f350 driving it died won't start but turns over. Full tank of fuel.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Slow start but ran fine after it started.
JA: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checking fuses, fuel and unplugged the injector censor on the right valve cover.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Heard 05 had problems with STC
Category: Ford
Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 months ago.

what engine is this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
6.0
Expert:  Mike S. replied 4 months ago.

Ok, I am not a diesel mechanic, so I will opt out.

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

Do you have a diagnostic scan tool? This engine is extremely difficult to diagnose without it. If you have one, see if you have any codes first for low ICP, low CMP, no FICM Sync, etc. If your STC fitting went, you will have a code for low ICP.

These engines have a lot of issues that cause what you experienced. STC fittings, bad IPRs, bad CMPs, FICMs suddenly quitting, and this is just a partial list. Problem is, without checking codes, there is no where to know where to begin without it costing a lot of money and wasted time for you to diagnose. You can check your normal points to make sure the fuel bowl is full and it isn't contaminated with gas, oil level is full to power injectors, and the injectors buzz when you turn the key on to indicate the FICM is firing. Short of that, you will need a code reader to see what caused the stall out. Once you get that, we can certainly proceed. The engine is too electronic to diagnose another way.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

Expert:  Jeremy replied 4 months ago.

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Did you still need assistance with this?

Do you need more time to resolve the issue?