Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 2003 Mustang GT and service engine soon light just

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Mustang GT and service engine soon light just came on at 68K miles. I disconnected the battery for 10 min and light went out, only to come back on after driving 20 miles.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: no, sorry
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Ford Mechanic to figure that out. Are you fixing your MINI yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced the gas cap, someone told me that might be the problem. I am doing things myself, not going to the dealer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

No dealer is needed, but you do needed scanned with a diagnostic scanner to retrieve the fault codes so we know what part failed or it will be a guess and you end up throwing parts at it

If you have a local parts store like auto zone or advance auto etc, they will run a diagnostic scan and give a print out of the fault codes & the do it free ,get me that i can help you further on it and be accurate

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat