Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2010 ford f250 6.4l diesel, I have put new high pressure

Customer Question

2010 ford f250 6.4l diesel, I have put new high pressure fuel pump and low pressure fuel pump on and start not building much high pressure and no crank I have 126.1 psi and desire psi 0 I have bleed and bleed fuel low and high sides and still nothing
JA: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working?
Customer: this is a diesel not gas and fuel is good
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have been working on diesel for 8 years! and the only reason why I replaced hpfp was because it was deluiting the fuel and im stumped
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I even put another hpfp in thinking that might just be a bad pump! I put low pressure fuel pump on only because i wanted to make sure eventhough the low pressure was making pressure.
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I'm here to help 365 days a year, but not every hour of the day. I try to prevent delays as much as possible. Please understand I am not there and can only advise based on what you tell me. Let's get started.

Did I understand correct, while cranking the computer shows a desired pressure of zero?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no, key on desire pressure 0 key on psi 126.1 so i replaced fuel rail pressure sensor and they match no but i now have fuel coming out exhaut pipe bad and still no start

What is the desired fuel pressure while cranking?

Fuel coming out the exhuast is a sign of a stuck open. Have you tested the fuel injectors with a buzz test?

Please make sure to rate my answer prior to logging off, as this is how I get credit for helping you. If you have not yet received 5 star excellent service from me. Please follow up so you get everything from me that you expected from the deposit you have already paid, which I get nothing of till you rate me. Rating does not close the post nor prevent replying at a later date.

Thanks Moose

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. If not please reply so we can resolve your issue together.

Thanks Chris