roy
roy, import/domestic specialest
Experience:  ASE master tech for 40 years
3506196

I have 1954 f-250 3 speed auto. My uncle parked it in 1981

Customer Question

I have 1954 f-250 3 speed auto. My uncle parked it in 1981 and never moveded it again. What should I do if I would like to make the engine run
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: auto 52000
JA: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: put new rims and tires and a guy sandblasted it. The body is good with no rust holes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was gonna do a simple maaco paint job and then try to see what I need to get it so I can drive it around some to contionue to upgrade it Thanks
Category: Ford
Expert:  roy replied 4 months ago.

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

Expert:  roy replied 4 months ago.

ok, nice truck.

anyway, start with changing all the fluids in the truck. gas, rear, trans fluid and filter, oil/filter and coolant. over the years they are all bad.

I would remove the spark plugs and add a little oil in the cylinders and hand rotate the engine to be sure the engine is not seized. replace the plugs.

replace the battery as well.

Roy