Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

Wife drove to the store and it won't start. Has fuel, but

Customer Question

Wife drove to the store and it won't start. Has fuel, but just turns over. It's a 2004 Ford Expedition. I just returned to Virginia yesterday from Alabama towing my camper. So I am wondering if my fuel cut off switch might have triggered for some reason.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: It did turn into a gas hog towing, about a 50% decrease in fuel range. It did start the same as usual. My wife has it today and she is stranded, but some of my friends went to pick her up. They hit the reset button and it did not have any resistance when they pushed it, and the #9 fuse on the panel was okay.
JA: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: They checked the oil and it was good, added some gas. but still no luck. hit the reset switch on the cut off and checked the fuse.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: In the last week I had the AC worked on, the master brake cylinder and booset along with the right front caliper and the expansion valve for the rear AC unit.
Category: Ford
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

Expert:  AMEDEE replied 5 months ago.

Are you looking for some possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses?