Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

I have a 1995 ford ranger xl sport with 3.0 and 5-speed

Customer Question

I have a 1995 ford ranger xl sport with 3.0 and 5-speed manual 4x4 with 135000 on the odometer. After a tune up of plugs and wires, it started to throw P0401 and P0402 errors. I have changed all 3 O2 sensors as they should have been changed due to mileage and dpfe sensor. I am looking at changing the EGR valve and control solenoid motor and hoses between the two.
JA: Have you located all of the vehicle's oxygen sensors? Are the wires leading to and from each intact and in good shape?
Customer: yes, when i reset the code it comes back after about 15 minutes
JA: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: see above
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: how much does this help cost?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: paypal?
Category: Ford
Expert:  david craig replied 4 months ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site, please allow me a few minutes to pull up some information for you. thanks

dont replace the egr valve just yet, remove that thing and get a can of brake parts cleaner and a small brush. clean the heck out of it and its passages that it sits on. get all that carbon build up out of there. check any cracked hoses and replace as necesary

hi, did my suggestions help?