HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

1993 ford probe gt 2.5 v6 stalls at stop signs rpms drop its

Customer Question

1993 ford probe gt 2.5 v6 stalls at stop signs rpms drop its been checked out could not find anything wrong could it be a soleniod in transmission and if so which one other then that it purrs like a kitten they trans was rebuilt
JA: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?
Customer: at idle never seen the engine lite not sure if it works
JA: Are you fixing your Probe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ive replaced maf egr v the last person worked on work for ford for 25 years has own business and said it could be the trans soleniod but that was 9 months ago
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: he tested everything ive replaced so many parts cant remember i still drive it once a week
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 4 months ago.

Hello, a stall when coming to a stop can be caused by a torque convertor that isnt unlocking. That would be something to do with the torque convertor clutch solenoid. SInce the trans is a rebuilt CD4E I would hope they replaced the torque convertor itself. A worn convertor can do the same thing. You can check the operation of the check engine light just by turning the key to on. Regardless a check for codes with scan tool should be done. Both a Key on Engine Off and a Key on Engine running test will tell if there are other issues causing this concern.