HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

Ford Fiesta has a symbol of a wrench and cannot find the

Customer Question

Ford Fiesta has a symbol of a wrench and cannot find the symbol in my book. What is the problem
JA: What year is your Fiesta?
Customer: 2016
JA: Are you fixing your Fiesta yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing, the symbol just came on today
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just want to know what the symbol means. Is it an engine problem or something else?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: Automatic and has 19,000 miles
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, this is a transmission fault indicator. Both the Ford Fiesta and the Ford focus use the same automatically shifting manual transmission. They have been plagued with problems for the Transmission Control Module and other clutch issues causing a shudder on take offat low speeds. This will be covered under warranty. It will need to be brought to a dealer to verify it is a TCM fault and it will be replaced and reprogrammed to the vehicle. The same system fault can cause issues with no starts and other shifting problems.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help with this concern?