HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans
Experience:  25 years Auto experience, Ford ,GM, Chrysler, Asian & European
285738

Reduce power and wrench came on in dash display, just

Customer Question

reduce power and wrench came on in dash display
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: just started then quick
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 20o8 super duty diesel
JA: What year is your Ford?
Customer: 2008
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: off on
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: off on...semes off on ...seems ok now
Category: Ford
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Hello, being a diesel this can be caused by many different things. The very first thing that needs to be done is a diagnostic check for codes with a scan tool. This could be an issue with the DEF pump, an EGT sensor and on and on. No way of knowing without having it tested first. Most auto parts stores pull codes for free but may not be able to pull all stored diagnostic information on a diesel. If you can get it scanned I can give a more precise answer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My son did it and has left...00b7 or 2291. checked and might be low very low coolant
Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Ok im not sure what the first code is. Its not a valid ford Diagnostic trouble code. Im not sure what type of scan tool he used to pull codes. the second code P2291 indicates a fault with fuel pressure. This would have to be tested with a scan tool the whole pinpoint test and could be a faulty IPC sensor or problem with the fuel system or contamination of the fuel.

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help with this concern?

Expert:  HDGENE replied 5 months ago.

If you need more help please let me know. if I was helpful, please leave a positive rating.