Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2003 F250 Super Duty V10 6.8L Does it have a

Customer Question
coolant temperature SENDING UNIT? JA: How...
I have a 2003 F250 Super Duty V10 6.8L Does it have a coolant temperature SENDING UNIT?
JA: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 116k. Mileage has been normal.
JA: Are you fixing your F-250 Super Duty yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Myself. The coolant gauge reads hot when I tow, but it is not hot. I have replaced the thermostat, the coolant sensor and the pigtail to the sensor. I still have a crazy gauge.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: any ideas of how to solve my problem.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Ford
5/8/2017
Ford Mechanic: David Craig, Auto Mechanic replied 6 months ago
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. you only av.e a cylinder head temp sensor, thats it. your problem is probably going to be at one of the multi splices.

Thanks

i was trying to locate the splices in a diagram but am having no luck

I appreciate your efforts.

Im going to keep looking.

any luck locating the splices.?? i sure havent had any

hows it going?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician