Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My 2006 Ford Escape (front wheel drive) needs to have the

Customer Question

My 2006 Ford Escape (front wheel drive) needs to have the oil pan replaced (big crack in it!). Can it be taken off from the bottom or does the engine have to be removed in order to access it?
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: It is my son's car, so not sure.
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It is in a repair shop. They mentioned that they may have to pull the engine, which will dramatically increase the labor costs. I'm just trying to see if they are ripping me off.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today.

-Does your vehicle have the 6-cylinder or 4-cylinder engine?

-Does your vehicle have 4WD?