Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 2013 Ford Taurus 3.5 V6 leaking coolant from

somewhere down the front and...
I have a 2013 Ford Taurus 3.5 V6 leaking coolant from somewhere down the front and passenger side of the engine. Vehicle has 55,000 miles on it. Thought at first it was the water pump, but that is timing chain driven and on the drivers side. There is no obvious source. I am a very good backyard mechanic but I cannot for the life of me find out where it is coming from. One thing I noticed is that it does seem to leak faster when the cooling fan kicks on ( maybe because of increased rpm). A some point it starts to leak onto the belt and get tossed about. So I would say the water pump, radiator, and hoses are all good. Most of the coolant seems to drip down from one or two places that are maybe an inch or two above the oil pan gasket and off the oil pan and drips Stumped Any ideas?
4/27/2017
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

The water pump is driven by timing chain and is on the passenger side of car in front of motor.

Here is the water pump replacement procedures. It takes special tools and procedures to get to the water pump.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1t1sf18ijw9xqf/2013%20taurus%20water%20pump.pdf?dl=0

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help, you can hold off on the rating for now and reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"

Jaybird61
Jaybird61
Jaybird61