Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2005 Ford expedition 5.4 engine automatic transmission. I've…

2005 Ford expedition 5.4 engine...
2005 Ford expedition 5.4 engine automatic transmission. I've lost over Dr. have been advised of an E clips gone bad I have pan pulled and I'm wondering which bolts have to come out of the valve body to drop the valve body.please advise and if possible send pictures thank you
4/26/2017
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

Below is the Removal & installation steps for the valve body

2005 Ford Truck Expedition 4WD V8-5.4L SOHC VIN 5

Save Article

Main Control Valve Body

Zoom and Print Options

Special Tool(s)

Removal
1. Drain transmission fluid and remove the transmission fluid pan and filter.

Zoom and Print Options

2. CAUTION: Do not pull on the molded lead frame. This may cause damage to the connector ends. Carefully pry up on the locking tabs to disconnect the solenoids. Disconnect the molded lead frame from the solenoids.

Disconnect the molded lead frame from the solenoids.
1 Disconnect the shift solenoid SSA and SSB.
2 Disconnect the Torque Converter Clutch (TCC).
3 Disconnect the Electronic Pressure Control (EPC) solenoid.
4 Disconnect the bulkhead inter-connector.

Zoom and Print Options

3. Remove the manual control valve detent lever spring.
1 Remove the bolt.
2 Remove the manual control valve detent lever spring.

Zoom and Print Options

4. Remove the 25 valve body-to-case bolts and the EPC bracket bolt.

Zoom and Print Options

5. Remove the main control valve body and discard the pump outlet screen.

Installation

Zoom and Print Options

1. NOTE: Make sure that the drive pin of the manual valve detent lever assembly engages the manual valve in the correct location prior to installing the bolts.

Position the main control valve body gasket and main control valve body using the 2 alignment bolts as a guide.

Zoom and Print Options

2. NOTE: The main control valve body bolts will be tightened in later steps.

Loosely install the 10 long main control valve body bolts.

Zoom and Print Options

3. NOTE: Lubricate the Electronic Pressure Control (EPC) solenoid O-rings with clean automatic transmission fluid.

Install the EPC solenoid.
1 Install the EPC solenoid.
2 Install the EPC solenoid bracket and bolt.

Zoom and Print Options

4. NOTE: The main control valve body bolts will be tightened in later steps.

Loosely install the 12 short main control valve body bolts.

Zoom and Print Options

5. Install the manual control valve detent lever spring.
1 Position the manual control valve detent lever spring.
2 Install the bolt.

Zoom and Print Options

6. Tighten the main control valve body bolts in the sequence shown.

Zoom and Print Options

7. Inspect the lead frame for damage.
^ Using the special tool, check all lead frame solenoid connections. The gauge should fit tightly and not fall out after being inserted.
^ If the special tool passes through any lead frame connector pins or does not feel like it makes a good contact, install a new lead frame.

Zoom and Print Options

8. Connect the molded lead frame to the solenoids.
^ Connect the bulkhead inter-connector by pressing it in place by hand and fully seating the connector in place.
^ Connect the EPC solenoid by pressing it in place by hand and fully seating the connector in place. Make sure that the terminals pass fully through the connector slots.
^ Connect the TCC by pressing it in place by hand and fully seating the connector in place. Make sure that the terminals pass fully through the connector slots.
^ Connect the shift solenoid SSA and SSB by pressing it in place by hand and fully seating the connector in place. Make sure that the terminals pass fully through the connector slots.
9. Install the transmission filter and pan.

© 2017 ALLDATA, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use (Version 2.0.13851)

2d192943-3cb4-45f1-b45d-...gif2d19294...gif1fc0314c-ab51-453d-9678-...gif1fc0314...gifac1d224c-813f-4161-ac79-...gifac1d224...gif81242f06-bd41-4b18-bedd-...gif81242f0...gif15205d0b-800f-402d-a29a-...gif15205d0...gif645d0a25-085b-4785-a798-...gif645d0a2...gif2a721e3e-37f3-456c-a8f6-...gif2a721e3...gif

You are very welcome :)

Please Read Below How to Get Back in touch with Me

Please Take a Second and Click the Stars at the Top of Your Screen To Rate Me , So I May Receive my Credit , A 5 Stars Rating is Much Apreciatted

Follow Up Questions are Included in The Price of Your Question ,So Feel Free To Ask Me.

Please Keep in Mind that when you Rate Me , it Does Not End our Conversation.

You Can Always Come Back to this Conversation and Ask Me any Follow up Question you May have on this Issue

(You can Copy this Link Page & Paste it in your Browser when Ready and it will Open up our Conversation Again)

If You Are Using A Free Trial Or Have A Subscription A Positive Rating Of 3 Stars Or Above Is Required For Me To Be Compensated

For My Time & Resources .

I'm Online Daily from 7 Am Till Late Eastern Time Zone

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
This vehicle is a***** is that going to be any different?

no sir same thing

Thank you

you welcome

I double checked for you

2005 Ford Truck Expedition 2WD V8-5.4L SOHC VIN 5

Save Article

Main Control Valve Body

Zoom and Print Options

Special Tool(s)

Removal

Zoom and Print Options

Zoom and Print Options

1 Remove the bolt.

Zoom and Print Options

Zoom and Print Options

Installation

Zoom and Print Options

Zoom and Print Options

Zoom and Print Options

Install the EPC solenoid.
1 Install the EPC solenoid.

Zoom and Print Options

Zoom and Print Options

2 Install the bolt.

Zoom and Print Options

Zoom and Print Options

7. Inspect the lead frame for damage.

Zoom and Print Options

Thank You For The Rating :)

IF you need my Assistance in The Future on a Different issue , Just start your Question with ( FOR CHAD FARHAT ONLY)

or Click on the link Below to Enter My Profile & Under My Picture Profile There is a Box That Says (Ask Your Question)

It will be Highlighted in Orange, Type your Question in The Box & It will be sent straight To Me to Assist you .

http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-chadfarhat/?rpt=3800

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat