Edward
Edward, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified. Auto Transmission rebuilder for Ford Motor Co. from 91 to 2000
29534642

I wanted to know if the headlights on a 2008 escape can be

Customer Question

I wanted to know if the headlights on a 2008 escape can be adjusted?
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford Escape. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: no just would like to know if they can be adjusted
Category: Ford
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
IF they can - How??
Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do all I can to help.

Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

The only adjustment that is adjustable on these headlamps is the vertical adjustment. The horizontal adjustment is not adjustable.

Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

There is a 4 mm head on the back of the headlamp assembly. It's pretty small, You turn this screw clockwise to go down with the light, and counter clockwise to up with the light,

Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

I like to pull up directly in front of a wall, park about 10 to 15 feet away, and see where the lights hit the wall at. Usually they are not both off unless it's been hit, and you can line both the lights up with each other and get them real close that way.

Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

Here is what the back of the adjuster looks like, a 1/4 inch ratchet and 4 mm socket will be the best way to turn the adjuster. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thank you!

Expert:  Edward replied 4 months ago.

picture