Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist
9600325

When starting the starter cranks the motor continuously but

Customer Question

When starting the starter cranks the motor continuously but doesn't start. I cut the key off and try again. same thing. open hood, pulled on cables and beat on fuse/relay box by radiator. then it will start. was doing is every now and then and now every day. sometimes more.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 73000. it has been. put a new starter, starter wiring harness about 3 months ago. sometimes it starts like it should for a couple of weeks and then it will start just spinning.
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2013 Ford F150 with 5.0 liter
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing so far. I was going to change the start/run relay but starting thinking that is just for overload protection. what do you think
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: does this cost any money??
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

Check fuse 27 (yellow 20 amp) in the underhood fuse box. More than likely it will be burnt on one side. Ford has issues with this fuse with high resistance where the fuse terminals contact the female terminals. There is a relocation kit available only through the dealer part number EL3Z-14293-A.

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 3 months ago.

Did you get a chance to check the fuse?

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again,

I see that you are viewing my replies without responding or rating. Is there anything else I can help you with to close out this thread and finish our session? If you are satisfied with your answer, please respond with "I am satisfied with your answer" or "your answer helped". I will then forward that response to the site admin so my feedback can be updated and our session closed out.

Thanks,

Kenny

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again,

I was reviewing some of my older questions and was wondering if you could take a moment to comment on my answer. If you are satisfied with your answer, please respond with "I am satisfied with your answer" or "your answer helped". I will then forward that response to the site admin so my feedback can be updated.

Thanks!

Kenny Z