Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

NO SCANNER COMM.W/ECU,HAVE TRIED 3 DIFFERENT SCANNERS,ALSO

Customer Question
NO OBD COMM, 04 E350...
NO SCANNER COMM.W/ECU,HAVE TRIED 3 DIFFERENT SCANNERS,ALSO NO OBD COMM, 04 E350 5.4.WILL COMM W/SRS,ABS,IPC.HAVE 12V AT MAF,IAC,5V AT DPFE,TPS,HAVE TESTED ALL POWERS AND GROUNDS USING A HEADLIGHT,TESTED BUS WIRES BETWEEN ECU PINS 15 AND 16 AND ALDL,NO SHORTS,CONTINUITY BOTH WIRES,SUSPECT BAD ECU.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? And have the brakes been squeaking?
Customer: HAHA!
JA: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: WE ARE A REPAIR SHOP ,I AM AN ASE MASTER L1 TECH.FORD CAN'T COME UP WITH A REMAN ECU QUICKLY,OR INEXPENSIVELY,NAPA, AC DELCO,CARQUEST AND ALL THE OTHERS CANT COME UP WITH THIS PART, NUMBER,OUR LOCAL REBUILD GUYS BBA REMAN BACKED UP FOR AT LEAST A WEEK.ALL WE HAVE DONE SO FAR IS LOOKING FOR ANYTHING SHORTED,AND CHECKING ALL POWERS AND GROUNDS .
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: THIS VEHICLE CAME IN RUNNING,NO CHECK ENGINE LITE ON,NO DRIVABILITY PROBLEMS.ONE OF MY TECHS WAS CHASING OUT A NO TAILITE/BOX LITE PROBLEM.FOUND AND REPAIRED A BROKEN WIRE IN MAIN HARNESS UNDER TRUCK.SINCE THEN,NO SPRK,FUEL PUMP,INJECTOR PUSE,NO COMMUNICATION
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
4/17/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 7 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you anyway I can.

Are you looking for some diagnostic help or advice for this no communication issue?

Can I start by getting the VIN please?

1FDWE35L74HB08506

Thank you for that information.

You checked all powers and grounds going into the ECM with the key on correct?

Was the ECM replaced?

CHECKED B+, VPWR KEY ON,USED A HEADLITE,NOT REPLACED ECU YET,CANT FIND A REMAN LOCAL REBUILDER BACED UP,FOUND A USED ONE COMING FROM CHARLOTTE,N.C.,KNOW IT WILL NEED TO BE PROGRAMMED,TRYING TO MAKE SURE I DIDN'T OVERLOOK ANYTHING,I HAVE ALSO BEEN ONLINE WITH IDENTIFIX

Thank you for that information sir.

What were powers you checked going into the ECU?

Hello sir? Where did you go?

Sorry I am not at work now,used wiring schematic from Mitchell don't have the PIN numbers in front of me but we checked all power and grounds by the diagram

Got it thanks!

If your sure you checked all powers and all grounds going into the PCM and they all check out good, the Vref is not getting shorted out and the ECU is not getting shorted out by another modules on board the vehicle, the ECU is bad and will need to be replaced.

That is what I figured just totally baffled what caused it

If the wiring and other modules are good, then it would simply just be a faulty ECU. Nothing caused it to go bad. It just happened to go bad at the same time this work was done to the vehicle.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STAR SERVICE" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

You and I know this try to make the customer understand we didn't kill his. computer

Yes sir I understand. Just be 100% honest with the customer. That's all you can do.

Hello there!

I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?

If so, please let me know as I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Customer/p>

AMEDEE
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN