EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician
Experience:  20 years dealership exp., ASE A1-A9 L1 L2, Ford Lincoln Mercury Senior Master, Diesel Certified
34559540

Well, my cruise control doesn't work but only when the

Well, my cruise control doesn't work but only when the outside temperature rises above 60ish degrees. We've tried replacing the module but the part we ordered didn't work. I really like to use to CC and will try anything to get it going again.
JA: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?
Customer: Which fuse? It's a 5.4.
JA: What year is your CC?
Customer: Likely it's an original part, 2001
JA: Are you fixing your CC yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'm having a friend look at it who's really good with Ford trucks. The only thing he could offer as help was replacing the module and that didn't work. Other than that, we haven't tried anything else.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Like I said, it's work when the temp is mild. It'll click right off once that temperature is reached. I feel like that's the cause but I'm not sure what's causing it.

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** have been a dealer tech for 20 years. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

There should be a deactivation switch on the brake master cylinder. It is common to go bad. If you want to test this switch you can disconnect the connector. Then install a jumper wire across the terminals of the connector. Then go drive it and see if the cruise control works. If it does replace the switch.

Please also note that rating this chat session positive will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have.

Please read this:
Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and do not work at or for Just Answer.
2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say "I'm satisfied".
3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.
Thanks for using Just Answer, Eric

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will take a look at it and let you know! Thank you!

Ok SOunds good.

Please read this:
Thanks for using Just Answer, Eric

Please read this:
Thanks for using Just Answer, Eric

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I had to wait for the temperature to warm up enough to get a proper result, since the problem occurs above 60 degrees and we went through a short cold snap after I reached out to you. I'm thrilled to tell you that the cruise does not have any problems working, even in 75+ degrees. Thank you so much.