Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

In my 2014 Ford Fusion, I had just started the car and when

Customer Question

In my 2014 Ford Fusion, I had just started the car and when attempting to put it in drive, I accidentally shifted too far into "S" gear. When I attempted to shift out of it, into D, I wasn't able to do so. I was able to move the shifter, but the car remained in S. I moved the shifter to P, thinking I put it in park, and shut the car off. Now I'm stuck with a car in S gear that won't turn on either. Thoughts?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. What has likely happened, is that your cable was ever extended and has broken on one end. Either the transmission end of the shifter end.

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Here is some information on the shifter cable just to give you an understanding.

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

You will likely have to replace this cable. For now you can try to visually inspect the cable under the hood.

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

A lot of times, you may be able to reconnect the cable if it has just come out of the socket.

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Expert:  Todd M replied 5 months ago.

Just as a reminder, if you have found this information helpful and are satisfied with the service, please do not forget to indicate a positive rating as it is necessary in order for experts to receive credit for the answers that we provide. If you are not satisfied, please let me know how I can help you further with this issue. Thanks again.