Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

My ford escape 2003 dies when I start the car. I have had

Customer Question

My ford escape 2003 dies when I start the car. I have had the fuel pump assembly replaced and the fuel pump relay was replaced as well but the problem continues. This problem just started when the weather became warm. My car only has 95,000 miles on it and I wanted to keep it but I need a reliable car.
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 95,000 miles on it. It just started acting up since weather became warm outside.
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I have an awesome mechanic. We have replaced the fuel pump assembly and the fuel pump relay switch has been replaced.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: When I do finally get the car started I have to keep pushing the gas pedal in to keep the car running.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Gunvir Singh replied 6 months ago.

Hello, is the engine light on?