Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Where is the engine coolant temperature sending unit on a…

Where is the engine...

Where is the engine coolant temperature sending unit on a 2007 grand marquis?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?

149000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Grand Marquis yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes replaced thermostat

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/9/2017
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and prepare your answer.

Thanks for holding.

This vehicle does not have a Engine Coolant Temp (ECT) Sensor. The job of the ECT is done by the Cylinder Head Temp (CHT) Sensor. The CHT Is located on the top, front of the engine, just below the Alternator. To gain access, the Alternator will need to be removed. For an image location view, click here: https://goo.gl/nVVqQu

Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

If you have any other questions on this issue, or there is any other info I can provide that may better assist... please feel free to reply and ask!

Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks.

You're welcome! Glad I could be of some help today! Have a great day!