Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Where is the engine coolant temperature sending unit on a

2007 grand marquis? JA: How many...
Where is the engine coolant temperature sending unit on a 2007 grand marquis?
JA: How many miles on the car? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: 149000
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Marquis yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes replaced thermostat
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/9/2017
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and prepare your answer.

Thanks for holding.

This vehicle does not have a Engine Coolant Temp (ECT) Sensor. The job of the ECT is done by the Cylinder Head Temp (CHT) Sensor. The CHT Is located on the top, front of the engine, just below the Alternator. To gain access, the Alternator will need to be removed. For an image location view, click here: https://goo.gl/nVVqQu

Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

If you have any other questions on this issue, or there is any other info I can provide that may better assist... please feel free to reply and ask!

Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Thanks.

You're welcome! Glad I could be of some help today! Have a great day!

Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -