Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The chirping of the horn when locking and unlocking drives…

Customer Question
The chirping of the...

The chirping of the horn when locking and unlocking drives me and my neighbors crazy. Is there a way to turn that off? I have a 2015 MKC don't know if that matters or not. Linda

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MKC yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing I just got it and not real familiar with all the technology

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this point

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
4/1/2017
Ford Mechanic: Dan, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Certified Technician

The information you need will be in the owners manual for the vehicle. There is a way to turn of the horn in the vehicle settings.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can.

Please Rate 5 stars. If you feel you need to rate less than that let me know so I can help more.

Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've been searching the manual and didn't find it what section would it be in

It would be under information displays under settings.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

Your welcome

Just checking in to see if you still need any assistance, this question has not been rated.