Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My husband's telling me the suspension is messed up, just…

Customer Question
My husband's telling me...

My husband's telling me the suspension is messed up, just wanted to know what I'm looking as far as cost to fix it, we were going to take it on a road trip i didn't feel it on the normal drive in town but when my husband got up to speed o the freeway it felt like u were losing control of the steering.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.

My husband was a certified mechanic as well, I know that the labor is where my pocketbook will take the hit, just curious as to what I'm looking at to get it fixed since it is my car that I use.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Ford. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

No, I know nothing about cars I just drive or put gas and maintain the maintenance on it, ha ha!

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
3/27/2017
Ford Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 1 year ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

year make and model?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2005 Ford Excursion xls

has the suspension been checked? is it doing anything odd?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No we i had the tires balanced and rotated to take it on a road trip i didn't notice it driving in town, but when my husband got up on the freeway it felt starting weaving all over the place I tried to drive it and that's when I felt it, I drive this vehicle more then he does so we had to turn back around and took his truck instead.

i would start with a alignment thats usually around 100 dollars...at that point they will perform a complete suspension check...if anything has failed they will let you know...but depending on whats bad front end repairs can range from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay that's a start thank you for ur prompt response.

no problem hope you can rate my service 5 star