Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

04 f150 4x4 192000 miles completely lost 3rd gear at about…

Customer Question
04 f150 4x4 192000...

04 f150 4x4 192000 miles completely lost 3rd gear at about 35mph no noise just reved up and lost all forward power reverse and first and second gear seem fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

If i stay on the gas it reves up and grabs hard tried not to do that as much as possible

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

As of right now nothing it just happened about an hr ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats all i know so far

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
3/21/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 1 year ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

That sounds like you are having a solenoid issue. Did the vehicle pop a check engine light or did the OD light start flashing by chance? If not, scan the truck and see if it will show the solenoid acting up. If nothing comes up, then I suggest ohm testing the solenoids to see which one acted up on you. Check the fluid as well for any grit, burn smell, and thinning. That will rule out the friction disc or a piece of debris getting caught in the solenoid.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy

I see you viewed this and this is still showing as an open question due to no positive (3 stars or more) rating.

Were you not pleased with my service to you or is there a rating issue? Please let me know if you still need assistance with this, if there is a rating issue, and/or you need more time to respond.

I like to make sure all my customers are satisfied since you did pay a deposit for me to assist you, whether I’m paid by a positive rating feedback or not.

We can continue where we left off or start over if needed. Also, if you need diagrams, instructions, etc please don’t hesitate to ask.