Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I got a f150 2011 and it keep showing me systeme off to save…

Customer Question
I got a f150...

I got a f150 2011 and it keep showing me systeme off to save battery.and if i dont drive it for a couple of day the battery drain off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Yess it as been done.we put 3 brand new battery in it and it keep doing it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No i dont fix it my self.im in a wheelchair so it hard for me to fix it myself

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That about it.it keep draining the new battery al the time!

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/21/2017
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 1 year ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** have been a dealer tech for 20 years. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Have you ever noticed if the instrument cluster lights stay on after the truck has been turned off and you have locked the doors?

Please also note that rating this chat session will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have.

Please read this:
Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and do not work at or for Just Answer.
2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say "I'm satisfied".
3. I only get credit for my work when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.
Thanks for using Just Answer, Eric

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No Notting is lighting up. I havé check on internet and aime is saying That it might be batteur système management that needs to be reset. Or thé key sensing switch.

The most common problem for the F150 to drain the battery, and quickly, is the gearshift lever. They have problems with the gearshift lever and it does not indicate to the computer that the vehicle is in park and the modules do not power down and cause the battery to die.

Please read this:
Thanks for using Just Answer, Eric

EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician