Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I bought a new starter, battery, and alternator but when I…

Customer Question
I bought a new...

I bought a new starter, battery, and alternator but when I turn the key to crank it up, it want say nothing. All the lights on the dashboard comes on. The alarm works. what else can it be

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

It has a clicking sound where the glove compartment at

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2005 Expedition

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Expedition yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I'm not fixing it myself. I thought it was the starter, so I bought a new one. I also thought It was the alternator so I got that rebuilt. Then I thought it was the battery, so I got a new battery. That's all we tried so far

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, about the clicking sound that's coming from my glove compartment

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Ford
3/17/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 1 year ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you anyway I can.

Are you looking for possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses?

Can I start by getting your VIN?

Thank you!

Ron, ASE Certified Technician